We are currently searching for an Accounting Assistant to join our team in Fairlawn.
The Accounting Assistant performs duties for clients including, but not limited to:
- Process vendor payments, code and match invoices and verify documentation, select invoices for payment and process check runs, reconcile AP monthly, ensure accounting controls are followed.
- Cash applications.
- Code and submit invoices/documents to the appropriate manager for review and sign-off.
- Protect operations, keeping financial information confidential.
- Generate reports and analyze data, manipulate system data in Excel to produce specific reports as requested.
- General accounting department support: data entry, filing, etc.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Required:
- Associates degree in Accounting or Business preferred; 3+ years of related work experience required.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve the goals of the organization
- Ability to analyze the processes responsible for, recommend efficiencies to the process and implement the improved changes
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.