Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our clients in their search for a Controller to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate must be adaptive and comfortable with the dynamic of a fast-paced environment, this person should also have a proven track record as the top accounting and human resource professional in a similar sized company. Reporting to the President, the Controller will play a key role in developing and enhancing existing financial and operational procedures to improve and maintain the overall health of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Accounting & Finance
- Work as a member of the leadership team to ensure financial outcomes are matching our intended objectives.
- Prepare monthly financial reports, including budget vs. actual to assist with the overall financial planning with the leadership team.
- Develop and oversee a more formal expense reporting and credit card reconciliation process for the organization.
- Work with the leadership to develop KPI’s and create metrics that are usable.
- Work with outside CPA and Business Advisory firm on a variety of topics.
- Monitor cash flow on a daily
- Manage all bank accounts, loans and credit
- Insurance tracking – GL, E&O, WC, Vehicle, Property – Accurately report costs and make certain we have the most competitive quotes on an annual basis.
- Oversee the A/R and A/P process – ensuring best practices in both areas.
- Lead the compensation & benefits strategy.
- Oversee the payroll process; manage 401k plan and new hire onboarding.
- Manage healthcare plan and employee participation.
- Develop an employee review process and hold leadership accountable to regular employee evaluations; including setting smart goals, obtaining 360 feedback, matching compensation to performance – with the goal of developing an organization of high performers.
- Work with the President and leadership team to act as an internal business advisor, gaining a strong understanding of the overall business in an effort to add value wherever needed.
- Maintain a strong understanding of project contracts, billing and the status of jobs at all times.
- Other accounting, financial and human resource tasks as deemed necessary for this
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Working knowledge of MS Office required, Foundation Software preferred.
- 8+ years of experience managing the full-cycle accounting process; to include month-end closing, as well as the day-to-day accounting operations in a contractor environment.
- Experience implementing HR best practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
The client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.