Most medical practices are aware of the HIPAA HITECH requirements that affect their organizations, and the fines that they face if they are not compliant in the ways they handle patient health information (PHI).
What a lot of professionals don’t know is that HIPAA HITECH regulations also hold business associates, (i.e. other professionals from other companies who could also have access to PHI) just as responsible for protecting the data as the medical practices who own that information.
After reading this e-book you will have a better understanding of:
- The History of HIPAA HITECH Compliance
- Protected Health Information (PHI)
- HIPAA HITECH Rules
- The New Rules Released in January 2013
- The Definition and Recent Expansion of the Term “Business Associate”
- Privacy and Security Requirements Applicable to Business Associates
If you're interested in learning more about HIPAA HITECH compliance requirements, click here to download our free e-book.
For more information on our HIPAA Compliance Services, contact Joe Compton by leaving a message below or by calling 440-449-6800.